CDE Lightband announced on Wednesday that all existing broadband customers will now have 5 times faster internet speeds in the city of Clarksville.
“The changes come as part of a year-long plan to utilize the fiber fast network to its full potential and to provide cutting edge service to our customers,” Brian Taylor, CDE Lightband General Manager said.
“We are excited that we consistently rank in the top 20 of Internet service providers in the nation by Netflix and we want to see that continue and improve.”
The speeds will increase almost all of the customer speeds for both residential and commercial use by five times the speed they have today.
Customers of CDE Lightband will see the following changes happen with their services on March 1.
- Price for current services to remain same as speeds are improved.
- Gigabit customers will see a decrease in monthly fee.
The new speeds will be incorporated into all of the services and packages that CDE Lightband offers to new customers.
- Customers with speeds of 50 mbps will now have 250 mbps at $44.95.
- Customers with speeds of 100 mbps will now have 500 mbps at $69.95.
- Customers with speeds of 200 mbps will now have 1 GB at $89.95.
CDE Lightband’s infrastructure includes 1,200 miles of fiber and connects more than 64,000 homes and business with fiber to the building.